Network Access Service Overview
Dartmouth provides wired and wireless access to the Dartmouth network.
All wired devices must be registered to the network to associate the device with an individual user.
Dartmouth’s wireless system provides support for 802.11 a/g/n wireless standards. There are three main SSIDs: Dartmouth-Secure, Dartmouth-Public, and Eduroam.
To access the wired network, plug your device into an active network jack and follow the instructions found at http://tech.dartmouth.edu/its/services-support/help-yourself/knowledge-base/connect-ethernet-wired-network
To have a new data jack installed or to activate or move a jack, go to:
To request a repair to an existing network jack, you can send email to Help@dartmouth.edu
For all request please include the following information:
- Your contact information
- Building and room number
- The jack ID
- Department name
- A detailed description of the request or problem.
Dartmouth-Secure SSID: Provides encrypted wireless access to protect against data and identity theft.
To access the Dartmouth Secure network, you need to configure your computer. You only need to do this configuration once – unless your user name and/or password changes. To begin, you need a connection to the Internet (.any wired or wireless connection. Then, go to:
Dartmouth-Public SSID: Provides un-encrypted access to the Internet for visitors to Dartmouth. No registration required.
Eduroam SSID: Dartmouth subscribes to the Educause eduroam system. Eduroam is a secure worldwide-federated network access service developed for the international research and education community.
Dartmouth faculty, staff, and students
Dartmouth-Secure: Faculty, staff, students, and guests with a valid Dartmouth account
Dartmouth-Public: Anyone visiting the Dartmouth campus.
Eduroam: Any visiting faculty, staff, or student whose parent institution is also a member of the eduroam service.
- Call 603-646-2999 Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Walk-in to Berry 178I Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- eChat at http://tech.dartmouth.edu/its/support/ask-person/live-chat Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Email email@example.com
- Help yourself at http://tech.dartmouth.edu/its/services-support/help-yourself/knowledge-base
- Professional School faculty, staff and students should contact their school’s IT support office
Computer and Device Services
Wednesday, August 24, 2016