VPN Client for Windows
Dartmouth uses Big-IP Edge Client (also known as F5 Access) for VPN access that requires software be installed on the computer before the VPN connection is tried.
Before you begin
The old VPN service, Juniper Networks should be entirely removed from your computer before you can install and use the Big-IP Edge Client. Make sure to look for and remove Juniper, Junos Pulse and Network Connect. If you need assistance with any part of this, please contact your Computer Support Office.
Downloading Big-IP Edge Client
- Version: 7
- File Name: BIGIPEdgeClient.exe
- File Size: 19 MB
- File Date: September 22, 2015
Configuring the Client
The BiG-IP Client installer is pre-configured to use the primary server location that most people connect to: https://login.vpn.dartmouth.edu/. If you have a need to connect to the VPN via an eToken or using Duo, or need to connect from a device on the DHMC network, follow the steps below. Otherwise, no configuration is required, simply click Connect.
It is important to note that even though the server location is a URL, this is NOT a website that you can go to. This is a URL that needs to be entered into the Server Location field in the Big-IP VPN application installed on your computer.
To change the default configuration for an eToken or Duo or for a device on the DHMC network, click Change Server then enter the following into the Select server field in the window that appears and click Next.
- If you need to use Dartmouth's VPN while connected to the DHMC network, enter https://login-split.vpn.dartmouth.edu/
- If you need to use Duo for authentication, enter https://duo.vpn.dartmouth.edu/
- If you need to use Duo for authentication while connected to the DHMC network, enter https://duo-split.vpn.dartmouth.edu/
Computer and Device Services
Wednesday, March 29, 2017