VPN Service Overview
Dartmouth’s VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a service that makes secure remote access to the Dartmouth network possible by using a point-to-point connection with "tunneling" protocols that keep the connection private and secure.
To get started using VPN please see the information below.
Dartmouth faculty, staff, and students
Benefits and features
With the Dartmouth VPN, faculty, staff, and students can access network resources from any computer that has an active connection to the Internet. It requires installation of the F5 VPN client known as "Big-IP Edge Client" or "F5 Access" client. This software can be installed on any computer to provide a more robust connection that mimics an ”on-campus” network experience.
A valid Dartmouth account and an active connection to the Internet or Dartmouth Network.
- Call 603-646-2999 Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Walk-in to Berry 178I Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- eChat at http://tech.dartmouth.edu/its/support/ask-person/live-chat Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Email email@example.com
- Help yourself at http://tech.dartmouth.edu/its/services-support/help-yourself/knowledge-base
- Professional School faculty, staff and students should contact their school’s IT support office
Computer and Device Services
Tuesday, March 28, 2017