Web Service Overview
Dartmouth ITS Web Services provides professional creative and technical support for the development of websites, including creating and hosting websites, the use of the institutional design templates, web information architecture development, and website content support through the use of two distinct content management systems. The service features
- web accounts and hosting services
- website consulting
- information architecture development
- web site development
- institutionally approved design templates
- website content support using a content management system
- site analytics
A Do-It-Yourself website [WordPress] service is available to all current faculty, students, and staff for Dartmouth related projects.
- limited number of themes
- limited number of plug-ins
Dartmouth College administrative, academic departments and academic programs
Benefits and Features
- no technical skills are needed by the client
- websites are hosted in safe and secure environments
- a content management system allows for ease of content creation and distribution on the website
- ongoing infrastructure maintenance is provided
- additional development can be requested as site needs evolve
- integration in Dartmouth NetID identity management system
All services are free of charge for those who qualify as described above.
For Dartmouth College academic and administrative department or program websites submit a project request.
For DIY WordPress websites go to http://sites.dartmouth.edu/ to request a site.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 603-646-2999 Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Walk-in to Berry 178I Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- eChat at http://tech.dartmouth.edu/its/support/ask-person/live-chat Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Help yourself at http://tech.dartmouth.edu/its/services-support/help-yourself/knowledge-base
- Professional School faculty, staff and students should contact their school’s IT support office
Monday, August 31, 2015